Saturday, July 12, 2008

So here's the situation

0 comments
Right now as I write I am officially in the hole. My net worth is 0 in my local currency, $0 in the US ...or even ¥0 in Japan. Yes, I think that that illustrates or sums up the situation more or less in its entirety :)

My bank account has just only reached this zero at the beginning of this month. When the rent, the electricity and the internet bills had to be paid. Since I had been buried in exams since the middle of march, the hours I worked at my job were the absolute minimum. And in the end that wasn't enough to even pay the bills.

I had to borrow a little money from my dad to make ends meet this month. And now I'm just working away to try to get through to the next.

Money has got to go into the bank.

So I'm working, and working, and working.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
However I am currently also looking for a new job that gives more hours and more money per hour. So I'm using my spare time on some job hunting right now.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Working, working, working. It's all well and good during the summer vacation. But the real challenge will come in the fall, when I go back to my final year in college.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So, here you have a few thoughts, an outline of the situation, and also a few cliff-hangers on changes that'll be coming up.

I also don't want this blog to be just about me. I will therefore also be putting up links to other cool "my-money-blogs" - one of which actually gave me the idea and inspiration to start my own. Tips on starting savings accounts and budgeting links and fun saving tips will also be coming up. I'll be keeping this blog very casual and very light. Not filled to the brim with a lot of financial data and facts. There are enough of those kinds of pages on the web...and honestly, they do a much better job at it than I ever could. So a personal little blog about money. And how to make a difficult and often dreary task like saving inspiring, fun and not entirely unlikable :)

I will be using this place to unwind. I will be using this blog to relax when I get home from work...and see things in new perspectives. And also I will be using this blog to see saving as something positive. Hopefully, this will all give me the inspiration to get ahead of the bills.

'Til next time :)

bye

Comments

0 comments to "So here's the situation"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com