It’s finally here. Springtime.
photos by: justinKnol & Mark Bolton
Yesiree, wonderful springtime.
Here’s 10 quick ways to save money in this wonderful season:
- Let the light in. Pull back the curtains or pull up the shades. By letting the sunlight into your home you’re not only getting lots of important Vitamin D but also saving money on your electricity bill.
- Use your green areas. By going outside and sitting either in your garden or perhaps in your local park to study, read or write you are not only saving money by not using your lights at home – you are undoubtedly also saving money by not being at home to watch television or surf the internet. (This requires naturally that you refrain from bringing your laptop :)
- Eat outside. Everything tastes better outside. Somehow this seems to be the case. So take advantage of this by going on picnics, eating your dinner outside in the garden, and yes, even brown bagging your lunch at work and eating it outside. Eat outside a couple of times a week instead of going out to dinner at restaurants.
- Go to the beach. If the weather permits it, hit the beach. Fun, energizing, and free!
- Save on heating. Turn off the heating, that’s it. You’re done for this year.
- Save on laundry. You don’t have to do anything for this. This comes naturally. Because as the spring arrives we automatically begin to use smaller, thinner garments. We can have more clothes per load in the washer and dryer at any given time during the spring compared to in the winter, saving us money on both electricity and water.
- Dry your laundry outside. There’s even more to be saved if you refrain from using your dryer altogether and just simply hang your clothes to dry outside.
- Take cold showers. Get refreshed and save money.
- Spring Sales. Take advantage of the bargains at these spring sales. If you’re lucky then there’s a lot to be saved.
- Garage sales. Have them or frequent them - either way your taking care of your money! :)
These are just 10 ways on how to save money during the spring right off the top of my head. Do you have any ideas?