Saturday, November 06, 2010

Back Into The Blogosphere

0 comments

warp-light

 

So I’m back from a long break from the blogosphere. Not from reading blogs – but from actually writing. There were a few reasons for my sudden disappearance from the online world. The reasons I’ll state below – in good ol’ fashioned lovable bullet points – ah, the wonderful world of blogging!

 

  • The Thesis.

    The first and most important reason for my disappearing act was my thesis. I had 6 months to write this thesis. But, somehow, I would always find myself on this blog instead. It was way more fun and fulfilling to write on this blog than on my thesis paper. This obviously wasn’t a good thing, since I found myself procrastinating on my thesis. So in the end I had to completely shut down the blog. I simply had to go “cold turkey” and not look at it at all for the next 6 months. In the beginning this was to avoid temptation, but as the months progressed I honestly didn’t have any time at all to write on my blog even if had it been open, since I was writing on my thesis for 12-14 hours a day everyday during this time period. The rest of the day/night I’d eat and sleep. Needless to say, I didn’t have much of a social life during those months. Had the blog been open, I seriously doubt that it would have made for a very exciting read anyhows, LOL. :)

 

  • The Aftermath.

    But then the thesis was finished, handed in, graded and DH @ The Money Blog Revisited graduated and got her degree. Now came 2 new obstacles to be overcome before she would decide to return to the blogosphere.

 

  • Sick & Tired Of Writing.

    The first one, was returning to writing – yes, rediscovering the fun and enjoyment of writing again. Needless to say,  after having handed in my thesis I was sick & tired of writing and swore it off for a very long time afterwards. It took me a while to get back on that wagon.

 

  • Being Unemployed.

    The second reason was the fact that immediately after having graduated I bumped into another obstacle – yes, unemployment. Being an optimistic, driven, ambitious, young person, I had a hard time dealing with this and was a bit down about it. So therefore the few posts that I did make to this blog during that time period were far and wide between. And, I have actually deleted them again, because reading them now, they seemed a bit depressing, LOL. But understandably so. But now I have a job, it’s not a very well-paying job (they’re taking advantage of the bad economy to use dirt-cheap labor and pay minimum wages, even if I have a university degree, and a masters, at that) but somehow I’m very happy. I’ve got a job after all, and I’m very fortunate to have a job in my respective field – as opposed to working in something completely different. As energetic, new, young graduates we do after all want to work in the specific field that we’ve spent years studying. And I’ve been very lucky to have been given the chance. So now that my life is somewhat stable again the creativity and the love of writing is coming back.

 

  • Time Management.

    However, I have to say, that now that I’m a full-time worker, there doesn’t seem to be the same amount of time and flexibility (meaning, freedom!) that there used to be when I was a student. (Man, there’s always something, isn’t there, DH.) But I’m getting used to it that’s for sure. And all I have to do now is just manage my time more reasonably. But on occasion I will disappear on and off of the blogosphere (hahaha, a disclaimer :), so please bear with me. Don’t remove me from your blogrolls, just yet. I’ll soon be back with lots of new fun, exciting and creative new ideas & posts to share.

 

So that’s it.

A lengthy story of the ups and downs of my life during the past year and a half, and how these events caused me to go AWOL and completely disappear from the blogosphere.

Hopefully, this will be the end of my writer’s block, and that the new year(s) ahead will have plenty of writing inspiration in store for me.

Thanks for stopping by for this quick read. I hope to see you again very soon.

Comments

0 comments to "Back Into The Blogosphere"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com