Photo credit: Alexey
So it’s been snowing heavily these past few days, and I must admit, I thoroughly enjoy the snow! :) It’s cold, yeah, but its’ cozy (indoors) and lots of fun (outdoors)! :)
Here are 25 activities that you can do for FREE in this wonderful snowy winter season:
1. Snowball fight.
2. Build a snowman.
3. Make snow angels.
4. Go sleighing down a hill.
5. Go for a walk in nature and enjoy the pristine, newly fallen snow in the fields or in the forest.
6. Ice fishing.
7. Ice sculpting
8. Ice hockey.
9. Ice skating.
10. Go skiing.
11. Go snowboarding.
12. Go bobsledding.
Art, literature, music & film
13. Read a good book
14. Paint a picture
15. Curl up in front of the television and watch your favorite movie or tv-series.
16. Listen to some good music as you look out the window at the beautiful snowfall.
17. Drink hot cocoa – preferably with whipped cream.
18. Make a good cup of coffee to warm yourself up.
19. Make tea and make it a little extra special by adding honey, a lemon slice or other fruit like berries.
20. Bake (and eat!) wonderfully warm bread, cakes, cookies, muffins or pies.
21. Eat delicious hot soup to get yourself warmed up again.
22. (If there’s a fire place somewhere in sight) curl up with your loved one in front of the fire.
23. Sit down to a romantic candlelight dinner just the two of you.
24. Curl up under the warm sheets and watch a good movie together.
25. Drink a glass of wine each and sit by the window to enjoy the beautiful white cityscape, landscape or just the snowfall.
Disclaimer: For some of the activities on the list to be free would require that you actually have the necessary things at home already lying around, like say, for example reading a good book wouldn’t actually be a free activity, if you went out and had to buy the book first, nor would the skiing be free if you had to go out and buy a pair of skis first. So you get what I mean ;)
There you have it 25 free, fun and romantic ideas for activities to do when it’s snowing outside. I’ll be heading off again – to embark on a combination of activities #17 & #18 – I’m off to make myself a good cup of coffee with hot cocoa to warm myself up. And afterwards I think I’ll grab a chair by the window to enjoy the wonderful winter wonderland outside. Have a good, cozy evening everyone!
Photo credit: coffee
What do you think? Do you have any good ideas for FREE fun things to do when it’s snowing outside? I’d love to hear some of your suggestions. Do feel free to leave a comment below.